Vanilla Nice Cream
Nice cream has been trending for the past couple of years but we want to bring it back because it is one of our favorite desserts for the summer – and it is so easy to make at home. It is no surprise that we love anything Vanilla. If you’re wondering where our name comes from, we chose ‘Vanilla Sand’ because it reminds us of beautiful summer days at the beach. Vanilla is a natural colour with sand-coloured nuances, which underlines the authentic nature of the brand philosophy. But now back to the Ice Cream! Hopefully you are a banana lover, because this will change your ice cream life! We’ve been making this religiously for years and have made it in so many amazing variations. But our favorite flavor is by far Vanilla!
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 10 Mins
- 3 frozen Bananas
- 2-4 tbsp soy milk (or any milk you prefer)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla bean)
- Blender or Processor
- Dates (for extra sweetness)
- Peanut Butter (extra fat to make it creamier)
- Let the Bananas ripen until they turn brown. This will give the nice cream a more sweet, caramelised flavour. Once ripe, peel the banana, cut them into pieces but them into a container or bag and freeze them overnight.
- Once the bananas are fully frozen, toss them into a food processor or high-quality blender, add the soy milk and blend until you get a smooth consistency that resembles soft serve. I recommend adding more milk especially if your blender is having trouble processing.
- Add a pinch of salt for extra flavor, the vanilla extract and a dash cinnamon – and any other desired mix-ins.
- Once pureed together, your banana nice cream should have a super thick smoothie consistency. Option to eat immediately or put it in the freezer for 1-2 hours so that it hardens enough to scoop like ice cream.